Saturday, November 14, 2009

Exisiting Windows 2000 Licenses How Do I Connect Windows Server 2008 To My Existing Windows NT4 Domain?

How do I connect Windows Server 2008 to my existing Windows NT4 domain? - exisiting windows 2000 licenses

Since the mid-90s I had a network domain is running, the first Windows NT Server 3.51 and now in Windows NT Server 4.0. At this time I still have the workstations to the domain systematically under Windows NT Workstation 4.0, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional without a single problem.

This week I installed a test version of Windows Server 2008 from Microsoft web site on a computer available. Even though you test my domain controller NT 4 to Windows PCs in 2008 (which is in the same room) when I try to move the Server 2008 default by the working group on my existing NT4 domain, I get a message saying something like such as "Invalid ID or password.

I tried a new ID Admin on my PDC and then use them in the team from 2008 to 2008, a member of a domain computer, and still no luck. The whole time that the 2008 team can still ping the NT4 PDC and is therefore not a question of the cable disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment